Skip to main content

Phobia Project

A phobia is the irrational fear, or obsession over something happening.

1. Crystallphobia. Fear of crystal or glass

2.Pediophobia-Fear of dolls

3.Nucleomituphobia- Fear of Nuclear weapons.

4.Mechanophobia- Fear of machines.

5.Cryophobia- Fear of extreme cold, ice, or frost.

For my phobia pictures I want to make sure that all the photos of the phobias I take, show how someone could be scared of the things. One thing that I find interesting about phobias, is how someone can be absolutely horrified of something, and someone else can be completely fine. 
I want to make the overall mood of pictures to be either very lit or very dark. I want the things that are phobias to contrast with the background. For example if I was to do dolls, I would place a doll, then try to make the background darker. I think that placement is one of the most important factors when doing this, the point of this project is to give a different perspective of something to reveal how someone could be scared of it.


1.Crystallphobia. For this shoot I want display the sharp, uneven edges of glass or a crystal. Something that is imperfect and shattered. Maybe get a overhead shot, or one from the side. The lighting needs to be pretty lit to reflect off the glass.

2. Pediophobia. For the dolls I want to make the pictures very creepy, which shouldn't really be too hard because dolls are already pretty creepy. Place the doll either slightly off center, or maybe one from the back, and one from a greater distance.

3.Nucleomituphobia, Mechanophobia. I put two because I feel like they kinda of go together. For one of them I picture a side of an old building with some old machine or something. I was thinking primary both of these phobias have to do with a fear of the future now. Where something could happen in the snap of a finger and everything is gone. 

1.Using many lines.

2. Contrast in lighting, rule of thirds.

3. Balance, rule of thirds, lines. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Infographics

Harry Callahan( Black and White Masters Of Photography Pt.2)

Harr Morey Callahan was born in Detroit Michigan, on October 22nd 1912. Callahan studied Chemical engineering, and business at Michigan State University, before taking a job at Chrysler in 1936. Callahan started his career as an amateur photography, and then two years later joined Chrysler's Camera Club in 1938. Another two years later joined Detroit's photo guild in 1941, after a workshop with Ansel Adam. Soon after Callahan devoted his career solely to photography. After gaining a strong enough reputation, he was invited to teach at Chicago's Institute of Design. Callahan's pictures often displayed his wife Eleanor, and just random pedestrians that he found and photographed them. Harry Callahan died, March 15th 1999.

Architecture Details