Skip to main content

Prompt Shoot #1


Bowie-I think I followed the rules of Rule of thirds,
because the subject is not in the middle of the picture, I also
think that this photo follows balance, because of the color red, 
with the color bashe in the background.



Square
I  think I followed the rules of  framing, but i think that I did not avoid mergers very well.
But I think I followed lines, because the pattern
formed with all the lines







Metal-I think this photo follows, Rule of thirds, because the grate is off center, and I also think that this follows lines.





Happy- I think this photo follows balance, 
the  pink of the flowers, seems to contrast
fairly well with the light blue sky in the background.
I also think that this photo follows simplicity, because
it is just the flowers, and the sky in the background.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Infographics

Harry Callahan( Black and White Masters Of Photography Pt.2)

Harr Morey Callahan was born in Detroit Michigan, on October 22nd 1912. Callahan studied Chemical engineering, and business at Michigan State University, before taking a job at Chrysler in 1936. Callahan started his career as an amateur photography, and then two years later joined Chrysler's Camera Club in 1938. Another two years later joined Detroit's photo guild in 1941, after a workshop with Ansel Adam. Soon after Callahan devoted his career solely to photography. After gaining a strong enough reputation, he was invited to teach at Chicago's Institute of Design. Callahan's pictures often displayed his wife Eleanor, and just random pedestrians that he found and photographed them. Harry Callahan died, March 15th 1999.

Selfie Vs Self-Portrait

When reading about the differences between selfies, and self portraits it can be somewhat difficult to find what sets the two apart. Selfies are big now because we have the access to take them, we just have to take our phone out, and poof it is a selfie of us and maybe others.  I think the main difference is what the two are suppose to mean to others. With a selfie it's purpose might be to display some time or occasion, something that has happened. Whereas in a self portrait your not just taking a picture of yourself. In a self portrait you have to make careful descisions to achieve what you think is good. A self-portrait is can give insight into who is the subject, who is behind the camera, and what they are like, and what their life is like, and what they're feeling.  I don't really have a preference between the two, both can be very good. I would have to say just because of the abundance of selfies today, I would like to see more self-portraits.